We, at Lemonade, respect our User’s and visitors’ privacy and are committed to informing you about how we collect, use and share information about you.
THIS PRIVACY SHOULD BE READ ALONG WITH OUR TERMS.
USING OUR SERVICES IS CONDITIONAL UPON YOUR CONSENT TO THE AGREEMENT, WHICH CONSTITUTES A BINDING LAWFUL CONTRACT WITH YOU. SHOULD YOU DISAGREE WITH OUR AGREEMENT OR ANY PART THEREOF, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICES.
- ‘Other Information’ is any additional information we collect about our users that is not Personal Information.
- A ‘Cookie’ is a small text file that may be used to collect information about activity on the Lemonade Marketplace platform.
- A ‘web beacon’ (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”) is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image, which can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information.
Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information, as well as Other information relating to or concerning our Users and visitors, when they visit, access, register with or otherwise use our Services. In this regard, kindly note the following:
1.Information You Provide to Us
In order to create an account with us, or to use our Services, you provide us with Personal or Other Information. You may give us your Personal Information directly, for example, when you complete the registration form to create an account with us, correspond with us (for example, by e-mail or chat), use the Application to buy products, enter a promotion, membership or report a problem with the site.
In general, visitors can visit our website without revealing any Personal Information about themselves.
2.Information from Others
We work with third parties (including, for example, providers in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers,) and we may receive information about you from them.
We may also receive any information about you that is available from publicly accessible sources, such as professional-related news, accomplishments, news mentions, social media activity, etc.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL, and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
3.Cookies, Web Beacons and other Similar Technologies
In addition, our website or the emails that you receive from us may use web beacons. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a User or a visitor has opened a particular email.
We also may collect and store information on your device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML) or alternative mechanisms and other technology.
Through such technologies, we may automatically receive and record certain details about your use of our Services, including but not limited to, web traffic data, web logs and communication data and other information about your activity on our Application. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use the site and allows us to improve it.
If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the site may not operate correctly.
4.Your Device and Location
When you use, visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your the type of device you use, your IP address, your approximate location derived from an IP address, your network information, your operating system type and version, the type and version of browser and add-ons you use, your time zone setting, etc.
In addition, we may collect precise location from your browser or your device through GPS or other technologies, such as using WiFi signals. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we honor your settings.
How We Use Your Information
How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in relation to your Account. We may use the information we collect, including through combining information, for the following purposes:
- To register you for our Services;
- To provide a Service requested by you;
- To administer, support and provide our Services, including our referral Services;
- To personalize and make our Services (including ads) more relevant and useful to you and others;
- To communicate with you, through emails, notices, push notifications, reminders, promotional messages, etc.;
- To send you marketing and promotional communications about our Services and other products developed by us;
- To deliver targeted advertising to you by using your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness;
- To provide maintenance, customer support and other services;
- To conduct promotions, competitions, etc. as permitted by law;
- To improve our Services, develop existing and new products and services, and assess and analyse our market, customers, products and services. For example, we may use this information to make better-informed decision about the design and selection of Lemonade Marketplace and third-party Services and content that is accessible through our Services;
- To, either through our own operations or in partnership with affiliated third parties, engage in analysis, auditing, research and reporting;
How We Share Information
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people (except in accordance with the Agreement) or non-affiliated companies except to provide services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
1.Affiliated Third Parties:
To operate the site and provide the services, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives, contractors, and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services necessary to operate the Lemonade Marketplace platform, such as cloud hosting services, platform technologies, applicant tracking systems, etc.
We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that such affiliated third-parties are obligated to protect Personal Information on our behalf. We do not intend to transfer any Personal Information without your consent to third parties which are not bound to act on our behalf, unless such transfer is legally required.
We may share your Personal Information or other information with customers and partners, such as prospective Employers, current Employers, etc.
3.Other Parties When Required by Law/for Corporate Transactions/To Provide our Services:
We may also disclose your information to other parties in the following instance:
- To comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process, subpoenas or court orders; and
- To verify or enforce compliance with the Agreement; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party, or to cooperate with law enforcement;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- From time to time, we may also share anonymised information about Users or visitors or our Services to the general public, such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends in the usage of our Services. This may involve anonymizing and aggregating personal or other information.
We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and Rules made thereunder to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy. In addition to the above, please note the following:
Your registered Account on our site is password-protected. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. We will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information from disclosure to third parties.
We implement and deploy commercially available and reasonable physical, electronic and procedural practices, procedures and safeguards, to protect your Personal Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of data. Such practices, procedures and safeguards may be implemented and deployed by us or by our affiliated third parties providing us with processing, storage, transmission or other services necessary to provide, support and administer our Services.
We also restrict access to your information to employees, third parties, Employers and other entities, who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services, or reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
However, no technological or other security measure can be considered as absolute or complete or 100% secure. We do not guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of your Personal Information. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal and other information may be stored by us, as well as by our affiliated third parties, for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as necessary to comply with applicable laws, or as necessary to continue to provide, support, administer and operate our Services.
4.Cross-border data flows
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored at, a destination outside India. It may also be processed by employees, affiliated third parties and other entities operating outside of the United States of America. These staff may be engaged in the provision, fulfilment of our Services, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services.
5.Third Party Links and Services on our Services
Our website may contain links to and from the sites of our affiliated third parties, Employers as well as other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these sites, or if you provide any information to such third parties, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or terms of services of such third parties or Employers. The Agreement applies solely to information collected by us in connection with your use of our Services.
6.Accessing your Information
We provide mechanisms for reviewing, updating and correcting your Personal Information provided or submitted to us for the use of for our Services. Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile, or that you request we edit. You have a right to correct any errors in your Personal Information available with us. You may request us in writing that we cease to use your Personal Information.
The Company complies with the principles of GDPR. The six overall guiding principles are:
- Lawfulness, transparency and fairness
- Purpose Limitation
- Data Minimisation
- Storage limitation
- Confidentiality and integrity
Your privacy and security is of the utmost importance to us and we will asko you how you would like us (or our partners) to communicate with you. The Information Commissioner regulates compliance with GDPR.
In accordance with the GDPR Rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of our Grievance Officer are provided below:
- Name: S. S.
- Address: 16192, Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware, 19958
- Email Id: email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us or to correspond at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to address your concerns.