Q1. Where are these food products made? Is there a physical shop we can visit?
- We (LocalBee India) partner with home-based food businesses that make these products. Partnering with home-based food businesses ensures that your items are freshly prepared, homemade, and prepared in a hygienic environment.
- We don’t have a physical shop/outlet currently. We only have an online store and the information for all products is mentioned on each product page.
Q2. What checks does LocalBee India do, to ensure that the food is of good quality and prepared in a neat and clean environment?
- We conduct physical verification checks at vendor locations and food sampling checks at regular intervals to ensure that the food is of the best quality and that it is prepared in a neat & clean environment.
- Most home-based food businesses we work with, do not keep stock. The food items are made to order thus ensuring fresh preparation. Fresh food provides higher nutrition, keeps you healthy, and protects you away from sickness and illness.
- We ensure that all vendors on our platform are registered with FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). An FSSAI registration ensures the following –
(Source - https://www.fssai.gov.in/)
Q3. Does LocalBee India have its own manufacturing facility or makes the items themselves?
- We do not own any manufacturing facility and we do not manufacture any food items ourselves. All our items are sourced from home-based businesses after the above-mentioned checks.
Q4. Does LocalBee India have an FSSAI Registration?
- Yes, we have an FSSAI Registration Certificate. We are authorized to carry out this business by FSSAI.
Q5. Is LocalBee India accountable for the quality, quantity, and delivery of the food items?
- Yes, we are accountable for the quality and quantity of the food items ordered. We ensure that for every order, our customers receive the best quality food items and on-time delivery.
Q6. I am finding the prices of the food items on LocalBee to be costlier than that available outside?
Yes, you may find the prices of food items higher on LocalBee as compared to outside shops. For a higher price, here is what you get –
- Fresh food, made to order – Not factory-made food, made days in advance.
- Since your order is freshly prepared, no preservatives are required – In shops outside, food packets are prepared in days or even months in advance & may need preservatives for long shelf life.
- Made by experienced chefs & customisation also possible – Made by machines primarily & customisation not possible.
- The smaller the number of people the food is prepared for, the better its nutrient level. (LocalBee – Made To Order – Fresh)
- More people, the earlier you start to prepare the food, and the greater the quantity of food cooked, the more oil and heat is used and lesser the nutrient level and quality of food. (Outside Shops – Factory Made in Bulk & in Advance – Not Fresh)
Q7. Do the LocalBee India team order food and snacks online on the website even with higher prices?
- Yes, 100%. After understanding the benefits of homemade food, it has become a non-negotiable for the team. We enjoy it because now we are confident of what we put in our bodies. We are in control of our short-term and long-term health. We consider it as an improvement and a much more efficient manner of ordering food. Very few food items are sourced from outside that are yet not available on the website, rest is sourced freshly from our home chefs.
Q8. Is customization of food products available?
- Yes, customisation of most food items is possible as they are freshly made to order. Customizations with regard to Jain, Sugar-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Non-Spicy, Extra Spicy, Less Salt, No Salt, etc can all be accommodated. A few examples of our customization –
- Non-Spicy & Sugar-Free Chivda
- Vegan, Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Jain Baked Vada Pav Buns
- Gluten-Free & Without Salt Khakhras
- Without Sugar Brownies
- Sweet Sakkarpara that can be prepared with Ghee or Organic Jaggery etc.
Q9. What is the minimum order quantity?
- We have no minimum order quantity and you can order for any amount that you prefer.
Q10. What are your delivery charges?
- In Mumbai – We provide free deliveries across Mumbai for most food items.
- Out of Mumbai, in India – We charge a standard delivery amount of INR 100.
- Out of India – Delivery Charges are calculated based on a combination of Order Weight (including the weight of packaging material) + Destination country.
Q10. What are your packaging charges?
- We do not levy any packaging charges for orders in Mumbai and across India. Only if a customer requires special packaging like vacuum packaging, bubble wrap, etc, we levy an additional packaging charge as per actuals.
- For orders out of India, we levy an additional packaging charge depending on the items of the order. The packaging charge is generally less than 1.5% of the total order value.
Q11. Can I place my order on Whatsapp?
- Yes. You can reach our Whatsapp helpline on +91 9987026708.
Q12. I want to speak to someone from LocalBee India Team?
- You can reach us via Call/Whatsapp helpline on +91 9987026708.
Q13. Can I edit/modify my order?
- Once an order is confirmed, soon after the home chefs begin preparations for your order. For any changes/modifications in the order, please get in touch with us as soon as possible on our helpline number (+91 9987026708). This ensures that we can quickly consider your request and provide you with an appropriate resolution.
Q14. I want to cancel my order?
- For order cancellations, please refer to our Cancellation, Return & Refund Policy.
Q15. I want a refund of my order?
- For order-related returns & refunds, please refer to our Cancellation, Return & Refund Policy.
10 quotes on homemade food that we leave you with to ponder on –
- Those who don’t lose weight on the scale but are otherwise leading a healthy, disciplined life are called “Metabolically Fit”.
- An Indian kitchen is a powerhouse of delicious and healthy homemade food backed by nutrition science and is well suited for our bodies.
- Hunger is a sign of youth, health, happiness, and peace.
- No homemade food is fattening. You have to just be smart enough to choose the right time to eat it.
- All religions you believe in or are born into, no matter how old or new always place special emphasis on food.
- A good homemade food/snack if eaten well as a meal in the morning can put any cereal and milk, toast and beans, etc to shame.
- The changes that homemade food brings to your body are inwardly silent and you only realize it once you get old and see others suffering.
- A calm state of mind actually prevents the conversion of food to fat.
- Homemade food is medicine to the heart and body.
- Eating homemade food 1st thing in the morning will lead to –
- An increase in blood sugar & energy levels leading to an increase in metabolic rate & fat burning, &
- A decrease in acidity & bloating, which will reduce the chances of overeating later in the day.
- Stabilize blood sugar levels throughout the day, which again means very fewer chances of getting fat.