Social media is a great way to find and reach more potential customers. But what are the rules to follow? How to get followers on Instagram? This article will tell you.
Instagram is home to some of the most engaged audiences around and is a highly-targeted, visual marketing channel for your business. It is a profitable opportunity to build a loyal audience that grows with your business. Millions of IGTV and Instagram users surf the app every day, but it is not always a numbers game.
Here we will discuss some of the most effective ways to use your Instagram profile to improve your business and account engagement:
- How to be really “social” on Instagram
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Brand Value on Instagram
- 1. Experiment to find your voice
- 2. Stick to your brand and be active
- 3. Identify influencers and interact with them
- 4. Be real and honest
- 5. Publish timely content
- 6. Don’t brag too much
- 7. Get a birds-eye view of your Instagram.
- 9. Follow businesses, brands, and people you want to connect with
- 10. Create content that’s relevant to your audience.
- 11. Share photos and videos with your community
- 12. Use hashtags in your posts and stories.
- 16 Tips on How To Get Followers on Instagram
- 1. Share links to your online stores
- 2. Share Product Catalogs
- 3. Post to Instagram regularly
- 4. Use a business account
- 5. Be responsive on direct messages
- 6. Co-sponsor an Instagram contest
- 7. Monitor hashtags
- 8. Promote your Instagram presence wherever you can
- 9. Fill in and update your bio
- 10. Keep a check on your competitors
- 11. Create and plan your content pillars
- 12. Use hashtags strategically
- 13. Use line breaks in long captions
- 14. Embrace Instagram Stories
- 15. Respond to comments and encourage engagement with questions
- 16. Add calls to action wherever you can
- The most effective strategy is to be social and authentic.
- Focus on engagement and generate revenue for your eCommerce business.
- If you are new to the eCommerce industry, start your online store on the Dukaan app for free and effectively start selling on social media channels like WhatsApp Business, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Concentrate on quality, not quantity. You may have 10k plus followers on your Instagram, but there is a slim chance that they will like your business enough to like, comment, repost, or tell their friends about your Instagram account.
Attract an audience
On Instagram, your audience includes people who follow you and other pages where your content reaches. Followers are people who want to stay connected to your brand, business, or product. Your posts appear in the Instagram feed of people who follow your Instagram account.
When you grow your audience on Instagram, your content is discovered by people already in your community and don’t know about your business. It is important to build relationships with people, invite them to interact with your business, and help potential clients think of you when they want to make a purchase.
You can add a link to your Instagram profile on your online store apps like Dukaan so that people can find it easily. You can also share your account handle offline so customers can find your account easily, even off Instagram.
Set an Instagram marketing strategy – Stick to it
- To stay steady on Instagram, you must provide quality content regularly to your target audience.
- You need to stay on top of your social media content strategy, which is crucial for the strategic running of your businesses.
- Using online social media scheduling apps, you can manage every aspect of your Instagram marketing strategy, from analytics to schedule, right on one platform, that too for free.
- You can build your brand constructively and demonstrate that you have the potential to be a serious online influencer in your industry.
- With influencer marketing on the rise, you can follow a safe route to grow your social following organically.
- Customer engagement with your brand will be much higher, as community members of your target audience can share your content.
- This will generate more opportunities for your business to nurture qualified leads that are interested in your products.
10 Tips to Increase Your Brand Value on Instagram
Increase brand value and everything else will fall into place. To increase your brand value on Instagram, here are some tips you should follow.
1. Experiment to find your voice
Concentrate on the content posted and strike a different tone in the captions. Refer to the analytics and see what content people are connecting with and keep publishing!
2. Stick to your brand and be active
Consistency and loyalty establish a solid brand. You can try new types of content but don’t deviate too far from the business. You must keep a frequent yet socially acceptable level of interaction.
3. Identify influencers and interact with them
Keep an eye on the top influencers in your respective area of expertise and follow what they’re posting and what people are commenting on in the captions.
4. Be real and honest
Don’t be too clean, as it may sound fake on Instagram. Create content that people can relate to.
5. Publish timely content
You must capitalize on current affairs and online trends, stay on top of current events, industry news, and pop culture to boost customer interactions.
6. Don’t brag too much
Avoid bragging about certifications, awards, and reviews, and don’t spend too much time talking about how amazing your product or service is. Appear more human!
7. Get a birds-eye view of your Instagram.
Keep a stringent check on every part of your Instagram account and modify and enhance it from time to time.
9. Follow businesses, brands, and people you want to connect with
Follow hashtags, other businesses, industry leaders, and creators who you like. You can learn and create your presence on other accounts as well.
10. Create content that’s relevant to your audience.
To establish an active online presence, post at least three times a week and help people learn more about your products and business.
Make the most of creating HD pictures and videos about your business and products and post them on your profile to capture customer attention.
Use different hashtags to attract diverse audiences and enable people to find your business when searching for relevant topics.
16 Tips on How To Get Followers on Instagram
Here are some tactical, to-the-point tips for you to get more followers on Instagram.
You must share links to your online stores that have been registered on various selling apps. Dukaan lets you share your product and store links directly with your social media audience in the easiest way. This is a great way to increase engagement and chances of more online purchases from your customers.
Most of the selling apps in India generate attractive and fascinating product catalogs for online store builders that highlight the business, brands, and products in a very lucrative way. Sellers must share these catalogues with existing customers and encourage conversion of leads into buyers.
3. Post to Instagram regularly
You must show the value of your account and business by consistently sharing great photos and short videos and by using targeted hashtags.
Suppose you register your online store on Dukaan app. In that case, you can share the link of your store and product catalogue on Instagram, giving your followers a sneak peek into your online business on other selling apps.
4. Use a business account
A business account is ideal for you. It allows you to connect your account with your Facebook page and other social media channels, run paid advertisements, view analytics, and make it easier for your followers to contact you.
5. Be responsive on direct messages
Direct messaging is more intimate and could be considered invasive. But sometimes, it is necessary to indulge in DM as it helps you keep out of the public eye and shows the customer that you’re taking them seriously.
6. Co-sponsor an Instagram contest
You can collaborate with another Instagram Business for a contest in which the participant must follow both the accounts. This can potentially enhance the niche and gain a good number of potential followers.
To find those who fit your buyer persona and to gain user-generated content—and followers. Hashtags give you the inside scoop on market trends and competitive information. Follow people and entice them to follow you back.
Your kind words alone can flatter the users who may find it worthy of following you.
8. Promote your Instagram presence wherever you can
Inform your existing customers and social circles about your business Instagram account. You can add a widget that gives visitors a flavour of what your account looks like and gets them to your account with a tap or click.
9. Fill in and update your bio
Use the bio-space effectively. Instagram gives you 150 characters to showcase your business and products to your potential customers everything they need to know about you. You can also include links to your website and your online stores.
10. Keep a check on your competitors
Stringently check what other SMEs are doing and draw on their ideas for inspiration. This will help you with Instagram’s marketing strategy and give ideas to follow and avoid.
11. Create and plan your content pillars
Create a few themes for the types of content you plan to post, then decide what content you want to post and be strategic about it.
You can put hashtags in the comments section and test out new hashtags frequently. Create several lists of hashtags and periodically test them out using different hashtags.
Use line breaks in your content to make it easier for your customers to read the caption. Inserting spaces in the Instagram app can be difficult, so it’s better to create line breaks using symbols between the lines.
14. Embrace Instagram Stories
Stories are a lot more dynamic than regular feed posts, so make them an integral part of your Instagram marketing strategy.
15. Respond to comments and encourage engagement with questions
Always respond to comments (including Facebook ads comments) and post content that encourages your followers to engage. Your customers will appreciate the response, and it shows that you care.
16. Add calls to action wherever you can
This is an important sales tip, and it makes it easy for your followers to move to the next stage of the sales funnel. Be straightforward and encourage them to do the next thing. Keep them involved.
The above tactics can help you grow a bigger, more engaged audience for your business on Instagram. It never hurts to try, and eventually, it’s up to you what you’d like to do with your Instagram followers.
You can professionally handle your account, and as the trend goes, you can also hire experts to do the same. While generating business through Instagram, focus on your leads, products, brand, marketing, and online selling.
But of course, it’s never a good idea to start your online business on Instagram, instead keep your social media presence on Instagram, use it to get more visibility to your brand. But, keep your online store on an easy-to-manage eCommerce platform like Dukaan.